If you are looking for a way to impress your other half on Valentine’s Day why not cook they a nice dinner?
With these cheese scones filled with Prosciutto di San Daniele you will conquer they heart… and they palate!
Cheese scones with Prosciutto di San Daniele
Ingredients for the dough:
- 200 g flour
- 1 sachet of instant yeast for salty dough
- 50 g butter
- 100 g Emmental-type cheese
- 50 g grated parmesan cheese
- 100 g milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
Ingredients for the filling:
- Cream cheese
- Prosciutto di San Daniele
- To prepare the cheese scones with San Daniele, first sift the dry ingredients into a bowl.
- Grate the butter and the cheeses and using a fork mix with the dry ingredients.
- Gradually add the milk and start kneading with your hands.
- Tip the dough onto a flat surface and roll out with a rolling pin to a height of about 2-3 centimetres.
- Use a biscuit cutter to cut out about 12 scones.
- Brush the top with milk.
- Bake in a static oven at 200°C for 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Once baked, remove from the oven and allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Cut in half and fill with spreadable cheese, rocket and Prosciutto di San Daniele.