Eating vegetables is good for you, and if you add Prosciutto di San Daniele they become even more delicious!
With this recipe you can prepare a tasty, simple and healhty dish!
Vegetable and San Daniele Terrine
- 1 aubergine
- 1 courgette
- 15 Piccadilly tomatoes
- Smoked scamorza as needed
- Prosciutto di San Daniele thinly sliced, as needed
- Fresh basil leaves as needed
- Dried oregano as needed
- Extra virgin olive oil as needed
- Salt and pepper as needed
- To prepare the vegetable and prosciutto terrine start by washing and cleaning all the vegetanles.
- Cut them in half a centimeter slices, salt them lightly and set aside.
- Cut the tomatoes in half and salt them lightly. (Don’t forget that scamorza and prosciutto are already salty so be careful with the amount of salt!)
- Oil a plumcake mold very well (or line it with baking paper, if you prefer) and start layering the terrine. Start with slices of aubergine, then courgette and tomatoes.
- Make a layer of scamorza and one of prosciutto and continue with this sequence of ingredients until you have filled the mold.
- Put some basil leaves and oregano between the layers, a little olive oil and pepper on top.
- Cook the terrine in a convection or fan oven at 180°C for at least 30 minutes.
- Wait until the terrine is warm, then invert it onto a plate, slice it and serve.