This week we are recommending you a staple dish of Friulian cuisine, a perfect dish to offer at all times. Follow these simple steps to prepare the well-known Tagliolini noodles San Daniele style or watch the video recipe you can find at the end of this article.
Tagliolini noodles San Daniele style
- 400 gr fresh tagliolini noodles
- 200 gr Prosciutto di San Daniele DOP in one single thick slice
- 6 slices of Prosciutto di San Daniele DOP thinly sliced
- 60 ml extravirgin olive oil
- 250 ml fresh dairy cream
- salt and black pepper to taste
- a couple of tablespoons of poppy seeds
- Cut in small pieces the thick slice of prosciutto di San Daniele with a knife and sauté them with the extravirgin olive oil in a large nonstick frying pan.
- Add a pinch of pepper and the cream.
- Stir it well and when the sauce starts boiling, add the uncooked noodles (in this recipe you don’t need to cook them previously in water).
- Afterwards, add about 80 centiliters of boiling water and a pinch of salt, stirring gently until all the water is absorbed.
- In the meantime sprinkle a large serving dish with the poppy seeds and when the noodles are ready pour them in this dish.
- The pasta should remain creamy (you can eventually add a little more water as this kind of pasta tends to absorb a lot of liquid). Finally, cover the pasta with the thin slices of Prosciutto di San Daniele and serve.