Crostini are totally essential for summer appetizers and then you know, any excuse to throw a few bread slices on the grill!
All you need is a bit of imagination to make a delicious and special appetizer, just like the one we suggest today.
Toasted bread slices with Prosciutto di San Daniele and grilled peaches
- Wild fennel
- Prosciutto di San Daniele
- Pine nuts
- Ricotta cheese
- Cut the peaches into thick wedges and discard the bone.
- Toast the bread slices on both sides on a hot grill, then dial down the grill a little and cook the peach wedges on it for a few minutes, turning them once.
- Toast the pine nuts in a skillet for a couple of minutes.
- Mix the ricotta cheese in a bowl with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Spread the ricotta on the toasted bread, add the peaches and the Prosciutto di San Daniele. Drizzle on a little honey, add freshly cracked black pepper, some wild fennel, the toasted pine nuts and finally some lemon zest.