If you’re looking for an irresistible dish to be served as a starter or a tasty snack, pull-apart bread with pesto, scamorza cheese and San Daniele ham is the perfect solution.
This appealing tasty bread provides an explosion of flavours to excite any palate. The essence of this dish is a spongy and slightly crispy bread, embellished with thick layer of fresh pesto exuding intense aromas and tastes. But the true magic comes from the addition of soft scamorza cheese, which blends delicately into the body of the bread, giving it an irresistible smoothness. And to top off this delicious combination, Prosciutto di San Daniele, is an essential element for its unique flavour and its delicate texture.
The idea of breaking off pieces of this flavoursome and tasty bread makes it ideal to share with friends and family, stimulating cheerful times of pure gastronomic pleasure. Whether you are arranging a brunch, a picnic or an informal evening amongst friends, pull-apart bread with pesto, scamorza cheese and Prosciutto di San Daniele is sure to be a success.
Follow the recipe we suggest below and get ready to enjoy the taste of an irresistible delicacy.
Recipe for pull-apart bread with pesto, scamorza cheese and Prosciutto di San Daniele:
Pull-apart bread with pesto, scamorza cheese and Prosciutto di San Daniele
- Prosciutto di San Daniele as needed
- 400 gr “0” flour
- 1 sachet of dry brewer’s yeast
- 210 gr water
- 30 gr extra virgin olive oil
- 50 gr grated scamorza cheese
- 1 smoked scamorza cheese in slices
- 1 spoonful of sugar
- 180 gr basil pesto
- Salt as needed
- Fresh basil as needed
- Place the flour, the dry brewer’s yeast, the sugar and the grated scamorza in a bowl. Mix all the ingredients and then drizzle on the extra virgin oil and add the water and salt.
- Knead the ingredients some more on a flat surface, working it until it forms a smooth dough. Place it back in the bowl and cover with a cloth.
- Leave to rest for about 3 hours. Once it has risen, roll it out into a rectangular form, and lightly sprinkle with flour.
- With a pizza-cutter cut horizontal and vertical slices to form squares.
- Spread the pesto onto each square using a spoon and add the slices of smoked scamorza cheese. On this pile up the squares of dough to form a little tower.
- Grease a loaf pan and insert your little tower into it. Place in a conventional oven at 180°C for about 35/40 minutes.
- Once ready and cooled down, remove gently from the loaf pan and dress with the slices of Prosciutto San Daniele and the basil leaves.