Mushroom risotto is a true hymn to autumn. We want to celebrate it with a really delicious addition, some crispy prosciutto di San Daniele chips, grilled and irresistible.
It goes perfectly with the creamy texture of risotto and the sophisticated taste of black garlic, a kind of garlic obtained by fermentation of the bulbs, rich in antioxidants, phosphorus, proteins and calcium.
Mushroom risotto with Prosciutto di San Daniele
- 250 g honey mushrooms
- 2 cloves of black garlic
- 4 thin slices of prosciutto di San Daniele
- 200 g Carnaroli rice
- 1/2 shallot
- 50 g butter
- 1/2 glass of white wine
- vegetable broth as required
- a small bunch of parsley
- grated Parmigiano Reggiano to taste
- salt and pepper as required
- First of all clean the mushrooms from the dirt, remove the root part and cut in half the bigger ones.
- Soak them in water with a little baking soda for 10 minutes, then drain them delicately in a colander under running water and pat them dry with a paper towel.
- For the risotto: mince the shallot and sauté it in a non-stick pan with ¾ of the butter and a little chopped parsley. As soon as it is golden add the rice, so as to toast it along with the shallot an give it more colour. After a few minutes add the white wine and let it evaporate completely.
- Now add the hot vegetable broth, a little at a time, letting it evaporate each time. Keep doing this until the rice is nearly cooked, but still “al dente”, for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile sauté the black garlic in oil in a non-stick pan, crushing the garlic with the back of a spoon until it’s cut in small pieces.
- Add the honey mushrooms and another small bunch of chopped parsley to the garlic pan, adding a little hot water or broth. This will take at least 15/20 minutes.
- Five minutes before the rice is cooked( when it is still al dente), add the sautéed mushrooms with the black garlic (setting aside a a few whole ones for the decoration) and finish cooking.
- Turn off the heat, add a knob of butter, a generous sprinkling of grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese. Stir and let sit for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile heat a non-stick griddle pan and cook the prosciutto slices to make them golden and crispy.
- Serve the risotto with the mushrooms you set aside previously, the crispy chips of prosciutto di San Daniele, some leaves of parsley and a dash of pepper.