Welcome to the irresistible world of summer flavours with this delicious recipe for melon stuffed with watermelon, feta cheese, black olives and Prosciutto di San Daniele! This fresh and inviting dish will take you on a journey of Mediterranean flavours, perfect for hot summer days or to enrich your moments spent together.
Just imagine cutting a juicy melon in half and finding a sweet and refreshing watermelon, tasty feta cheese, intensely flavoured black olives and, to top it all off, a few slices of Prosciutto di San Daniele.
The combination of flavours and textures makes this dish a unique culinary experience. The sweetness of the melon and watermelon blends elegantly with the savoury flavour of the feta cheese and black olives, while the Prosciutto di San Daniele adds a classy, refined note. Each bite will be an explosion of flavour and freshness.
This dish is extremely easy to prepare, but the result is extraordinary and surprising. You can easily make a tasty variation of this starter, perhaps adding a personal touch with aromatic herbs or a squeeze of lemon juice to further enhance the flavours.
Melon stuffed with watermelon, feta cheese, black olives and Prosciutto di San Daniele is a great choice for your summer parties, picnics or barbecues. Not only will it delight your palate, but it will also be a dish that will win over your guests, thanks to its inviting and colourful presentation.
If you are looking for a fresh and original idea for your summer recipes, don’t hesitate to try this delicacy. Choose quality ingredients and treat yourself to an authentic moment of pleasure with melon stuffed with watermelon, feta cheese, black olives and Prosciutto di San Daniele. An unforgettable culinary experience awaits you! Bon appetite!
Melon stuffed with Prosciutto di San Daniele, watermelon, feta cheese and black olives
- 4-6 slices of San Daniele ham
- 1 melon
- 1 slice of watermelon
- 150 g of Greek feta cheese
- 12 black olives
- ½ Tropea red onion
- 8 capers with stem
- 5 basil leaves
- Divide the melon in half and remove the inner seeds.
- Cut the two halves into melon balls using a melon ball scoop. Place in a large bowl and set aside.
- Remove the watermelon skin and cut it into regular cubes, which you will then add to the melon in the bowl.
- Slice the tropea onion and rinse the olives and capers with stalks. Add these into the bowl and season with a drizzle of oil, pepper, a pinch of salt and the hand-minced basil.
- Cut the feta into cubes and combine with the remaining ingredients.
- Stuff a hollowed-out melon with the watermelon and feta salad, and add the slices of Prosciutto di San Daniele last.
- Garnish with a basil leaf.