Prosciutto di San Daniele is an excellent source of protein, vitamins and minerals. It’s a natural Italian food and a kitchen essential. We love sharing recipes and suggesting food pairings with you such as our recipe from Chef Antonia Klugmann – a salad with anchovies and Prosciutto San Daniele DOP.
Ingredients for 4 people:
• 4 canasta lettuce leaves or gentilina (if you can’t find either of these lettuce varieties, substitute with a crisp green leafy lettuce).
• 100g fresh green beans
• 100g cucumber
• 50g fresh parsley
• 25g anchovies
• 10 fillets of fresh anchovies
• Aromatic herbs (such as rue or salt grass)
• Dried seaweed powder
- Start by gently rinsing the lettuce leaves of the salad keeping the crunchy parts.
- In a non-stick pan, blanch the lettuce with a little oil for a few minutes and season with salt.
- Proceed with the dressing by placing the cucumbers, green beans and parsley in a food processor or juicer unit you create a juice.
- To make the anchovy salsa, place the anchovy fillets in a baking dish with the skin facing down in the pan. Season with oil and salt and bake at 220°C until caramelised. Then mix the fillets with a ladle of hot water and a few anchovies in salt.
- To serve, marinate the leaves with the juice for a few minutes. Then place them in the dish, add the anchovy sauce, the slices of Prosciutto di San Daniele and dress with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
- Add aromatic herbs and dried seaweed powder to taste.