Prosciutto di San Daniele is an excellent source of protein, vitamins and minerals – a natural Italian food that’s a mealtime favourite. We bring you the best recipes and food pairings to help you create and enjoy delicious dishes using Prosciutto di San Daniele such as this recipe from Chef Alessandro Borghese who suggests serving up this dish of juicy peaches paired with lobster and Proscuitto di San Daniele.
Ingredients for 4 people :
- 4 lobsters
- 4 peaches
- 150g Prosciutto di San Daniele PDO
- 1 clove of garlic
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of salt
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 150ml plain or natural yogurt
- Two slices of chilli pepper
- Some basil
- Black pepper
- Cook the lobster in plenty of boiling salted water until it turns bright red.
- Clean the lobster and separate it from the claws.
- Sauté the lobster in a pan with a drizzle of oil and a garlic smashed in it skin (this adds flavour to the oil).
- Rinse the peaches and, without removing the skin, cut into very thin slices. Place the overlapping slices on a sheet of parchment paper, creating a ‘base’ for the final roll. Make four of these bases.
- In a bowl pour salt and sugar equally, then lightly sprinkle the peach slices with the mixture and leave to marinate for a few minutes.
- In a bowl add a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and two slices of chopped chilli to the yogurt.
- Stir to the consistency of liquid sauce.
- Cut the lobster into small pieces, season it with some basil leaves and lay it on the end of a base of peach slices.
- Roll it up with the help of the parchment paper to create a ‘cylinder’ or roll of peaches with a lobster filling.
- Prepare the remaining rolls and put them in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Place a roll in the centre of a plate, slice diagonally in two, drizzle with the yogurt sauce and drape with slices of Prosciutto di San Daniele.
- Garnish with some marjoram leaves, basil and black pepper.